RSL Match Preview - Saturday, March 17 v. Red Bull New York
RSL MATCH PREVIEW: REAL SALT LAKE v. RED BULL NEW YORK – SATURDAY, MARCH 17
Claret-and-Cobalt’s Home Debut against Star Striker Thierry Henry & Co. Kicks off at 8:00 p.m.
SANDY, Utah (Friday, March 16, 2012) – Real Salt Lake (1-0-0, 3 pts.) will open its 2012 MLS home campaign at Rio Tinto Stadium tomorrow, Saturday, March 17, by welcoming Red Bull New York (0-1-0, 0 pts) to its Sandy fortress. RSL will look to build upon last weekend’s season-opening 3-1 win at the LA Galaxy with an 8:00 p.m. MT kickoff tomorrow night, while the festivities in Sandy will begin at 6:00 p.m. with the opening of the Carnival Real pre-game festival on the stadium’s east lawn.
Tickets for Saturday’s home opener remain on sale, and fans are encouraged to visit the Zions Bank Ticket Outlet on RealSaltLake.com to see the range of seating options available, including single-game tickets and the Opening Day 2-Pack, which features two tickets to Saturday’s contest and an additional MLS regular season contest starting at just $80. Fans can also purchase tickets in person at the Rio Tinto Stadium Box Office beginning at 10:00 a.m. on gameday.
MLS Game Guide for Real Salt Lake v. Red Bull New York Now Available Online
Following are links for the MLS Game Guide (Media Notes) in advance Saturday’s Real Salt Lake-Red Bull New York match-up at Rio Tinto Stadium. If you have any problems obtaining the document, would prefer to receive the document as attachment, or are seeking more information on the match, please contact John Koluder in the RSL Communications Department via email at jkoluder@RealSaltLake.com.
How to Follow Real Salt Lake vs. NY Red Bulls
- TV: ABC4; live on MLS Direct Kick subscription package (available on DIRECTV, Dish Network, iN DEMAND L.L.C., and Avail-TVN)
- Radio: ESPN 700 (pre-game coverage begins at 7:00 p.m. MT) & La Gran D 102.3 FM
- Online: Live updates via the @RSLkickoff gameday Twitter Feed and MLS MatchCenter on RealSaltLake.com, and streaming video available via MLS Live on MLSsoccer.com (subscription required)
MLS Game Guide for RSL’s Home Opener vs. Red Bulls Available Online
Following are links to the Adobe PDF and Issuu.com online reader versions of the Real Salt Lake Game Notes in advance of Saturday’s home opener against the New York Red Bulls at Rio Tinto Stadium. If you have any problems viewing or downloading the documents or are seeking more information on the match, please contact John Koluder in the RSL Communications Department via email at jkoluder@RealSaltLake.com.
RSL Nation Asked to Make Opening Day an All-day Affair!
- RSL fans are urged to buck St. Patrick’s Day tradition and “make red the new green” by wearing their claret gear all day long and to Rio Tinto Stadium on Saturday in order to fill the stands with red against the Red Bulls.
- The festivities in Sandy will officially begin at 6:00 p.m. MT, when the Carnival Real pre-game festival will open to the public on Rio Tinto Stadium’s East Lawn. Highlights of the Opening Night Carnival will include the announcement of the 11 “Win a Dream Kit” contest winners and KBULL’s “Jello Jump” stunt.
- At 7:30 p.m., RSL supporters invite fans to join them at Rio Tinto’s Stadium Southeast gate for the start of their “March around The RioT” on the stadium’s concourse, leading the charge to be in the stands by the time warm-ups end on the field. Then at 8:00 p.m. it’s time kickoff for Real Salt Lake’s 2012 home opener against the New York Red Bulls, led by international superstar striker Thierry Henry.
RSL History v. Red Bulls
After failing to win any of its first 10 contests (0-4-6) against New York through the start of the 2009 season – including the 2008 Western Conference Championship at Rio Tinto Stadium – Real Salt Lake has since gone undefeated in their last five meetings, resulting in an evening of the all-time series at 4-4-7. The Claret-and-Cobalt swept last year’s two meetings in dominant fashion, posting a 3-0 win in Sandy on August 6 (Borchers 13, Gil 44, Saborío 77) before marching out of Red Bull Arena on Sept. 21 with a 3-1 victory (Saborío 7; Espíndola 11, 21 / Lindpere 69), the latter result pushing the Utah side’s winning streak to a club-record-tying five games at the time.