RSL Match Preview & Notes at LA Galaxy - Saturday, March 10, 2012
RSL MATCH PREVIEW: REAL SALT LAKE @ LA GALAXY – SATURDAY, MARCH 10
Claret-and-Cobalt’s Debut on ABC4 Starts with Pre-Game Coverage at 8:00 p.m. in Advance of 8:30 p.m. Kick in SoCal;
Fans Invited to Get Ready for Opener at RSL Team Store’s Open House/“Road Game Rowdie,”
Gather at Pair of RSL/Budweiser Watch Parties for the Game;
RSL Game Notes for Contest at Galaxy Now Available Online
SANDY, Utah (Friday, March 9, 2012) – Real Salt Lake will begin its eighth campaign in Major League Soccer tomorrow, Saturday, March 10, at the same place its seventh season came to a halt, as the Utah side is set to take on the defending MLS Cup Champion Los Angeles Galaxy in a rematch of last November’s thrilling Western Conference Championship.
Tomorrow night’s 8:30 p.m. MT kickoff from The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. – part of MLS First Kick 2012, presented by Dick’s Sporting Goods – will mark Real Salt Lake’s debut on its new broadcast partner, ABC4, which will get fans ready for the contest with a half-hour pre-game show starting at 8:00 p.m. RSL Nation can also follow the action from Southern California live via the team’s official radio partners: ESPN 700 Sports/ESPN700Sports.com (pre-game coverage begins at 7:30 p.m.), La Gran D 102.3 FM and Juan 1600-AM.
RSL Nation Invited to Full Day of Events Surrounding Saturday’s Season Opener
- RSL Team Store’s Open House/“Road Game Rowdie” – The Real Salt Lake Team Store at Rio Tinto Stadium will encourage fans to stock up on Claret-and-Cobalt before tomorrow’s season kickoff by hosting an Open House during its regular 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. hours. Saturday will mark the first opportunity for fans to enter the RSL Team Store’s “Win a Dream Kit” contest, and every purchase of $100 will also include a ticket voucher redeemable for any RSL contest at Rio Tinto Stadium in 2012. The party gets kicked into high gear between 1:00-4:00 p.m. with the “Road Game Rowdie,” featuring treats from Levy Restaurants, tunes by DJ Sayo and limited-time specials and giveaways.
- Budweiser MLS First Kick Watch Parties – Real Salt Lake invites its fans to a pair of official Budweiser/RSL Viewing Parties for tomorrow night’s season opener against the LA Galaxy, as Dick N’ Dixie’s (479 East, 300 South; age 21+) and Bourbon House (19 East, 200 South) will both welcome members of “RSL Nation” with open arms and RSL and Budweiser giveaways, beginning when the ABC4 Pre-game Show kicks off at 8:00 p.m.
How to Follow Real Salt Lake @ LA Galaxy
- TV: ABC4 and MLS Direct Kick package (subscription required)
- Radio: ESPN 700 Sports/ESPN700Sports.com (pre-game show starts at 7:30 p.m.) (English); Juan 1600 AM & La Grand D 102.3 FM (Spanish)
- Online: Live updates via RSL Gameday Twitter Feed (@RSLkickoff), live chat and stats via MLS MatchCenter on RealSaltLake.com and live streaming video available feed via MLS Live at MLSsoccer.com (subscription required)
RSL Game Notes for Opener at Galaxy Now Available Online
Following are links to the PDF and Issuu.com online reader versions of the Real Salt Lake Game Notes in advance of Saturday’s season opener against the Los Angeles Galaxy at The Home Depot Center. The MLS Game Guide for the contest will be available at the MLSsoccer.com MatchCenter page by Saturday morning. If you have any problems viewing or downloading the documents or are seeking more information on the match, please contact John Koluder in the RSL Communications Department via email at jkoluder@RealSaltLake.com.
RSL History v. Galaxy
Meetings between Real Salt Lake and Los Angeles have turned into some of the most highly-anticipated dates on the MLS calendar, especially since RSL’s triumph over the star-laden Galaxy at MLS Cup 2009 in Seattle. The two Western Conference powers have split their all-time regular season series 7-7-5, which includes Real Salt Lake’s modest 3-6-1 mark at The Home Depot Center, the Utah side’s last win at the Galaxy coming three tries ago on June 13, 2009 (2-0 W).
Both clubs followed the tight script last year by winning meetings in their own buildings, RSL opening its Rio Tinto Stadium slate in MLS play on Mar. 26 with a 4-1 pasting, followed by the Galaxy’s 2-1 comeback win in Carson on Oct. 1. However, it was Los Angeles winning the ultimate rubber match in the Western Conference Championship on Nov. 6, using goals from Landon Donovan, Mike Magee and Robbie Keane to punch their ticket to MLS Cup 2011 via a 3-1 home win over the Claret-and-Cobalt.