RSL Quintet Undergoes Successful Surgeries
REAL SALT LAKE QUINTET UNDERGOES SUCCESSFUL SURGERIES
RSL Team Physicians Dr. Andrew Cooper and Dr. Joe Albano Perform Procedures at Salt Lake Regional Medical Center;
RSL Head Athletic Trainer Tyson Pace to Oversee Offseason Rehab Stints at Sports Med Utah Facilities
SANDY, Utah (Wednesday, November 30, 2011) – Real Salt Lake has announced that five members of the Claret-and-Cobalt have undergone successful surgeries since the end of the team’s 2011 season at Salt Lake Regional Medical Center under the guidance of RSL Team Physician Dr. Andrew Cooper. The list of RSL players that had surgeries performed on them included:
- MF Jean Alexandre – Underwent a right knee scope to repair a meniscus injury
- FW Cody Arnoux – Underwent a scope on his left knee to clean up residual effects from previous microfracture surgery last year
- FW Fabián Espíndola – Cystectomy performed to remove build-ups behind right knee
- GK Kyle Reynish – Underwent right ankle scope to have loose bone spurs removed
- FW Álvaro Saborío – Underwent scope on right knee to repair a chondral defect
In addition, three members of Real Salt Lake had PRP (platelet rich plasma) injections to assist in recovery from late-season injuries, with Team Physician Dr. Joe Albano performing the outpatient procedures on defenders Tony Beltran (left adductor), Nat Borchers (left quadriceps) and Jamison Olave (right quadriceps) in the days immediately following the close of the season.
Under the direction of RSL Head Athletic Trainer Tyson Pace, players will utilize Sports Med Utah facilities across the Salt Lake area during their rehab stints. All players are expected to recover fully from their surgeries in time for the open of the team’s preseason in late January with the exception of Saborío, as the Costa Rican international’s return is scheduled to occur early in the 2012 campaign.