There are no open positions currently. Check back regularly for any openings.
Real Salt Lake's Internship Program
Real Salt Lake Internships fall into three terms that coincide with the college/university calendar:
Real Salt Lake Internship Policies
Interns are expected to report to their direct supervisors according to the agreed upon work schedule. If you are going to be late or absent for any reason, your direct supervisor must be notified as soon as possible. Excessive tardiness or absenteeism could be grounds for dismissal from the program.
Interns are expected to conduct themselves in such a manner as not to be offensive to guests, tenants, customers, or fellow employees. Good guest relations are necessary to any successful business; therefore, actions should be governed by the knowledge that we are always in the public's eye.
Use of Temporary Workspaces
In the absence of a designated cubicle, you may be asked to work at someone else's workstation. Please be courteous and leave the area as you found it.
Internet access is limited to business use only.
Dress Code - Business Attire
Each member of the business office staff may come into contact with the public and therefore, represents the Company not only by their actions but by their appearance as well. The properly attired employee helps to create a favorable image for the Company. Business office staff is expected to dress in a manner that is normally acceptable in professional business establishments. If a member of the business office staff reports to work improperly dressed or groomed, the supervisor, in his or her discretion, may instruct the employee to return home to change clothes or they may take other appropriate corrective action. Any outfit that may be regarded as extreme or questionable should be avoided.
The Company reserves the right in all situations to decide whether any member of the business office staff is in violation of this policy.
The key to dressing in business attire is exercising good judgment and being neat in appearance. In that regard, the following are several suggested guidelines that will be helpful in determining what is considered inappropriate attire when working in the office.
INAPPROPRIATE ATTIRE - MEN AND WOMEN
- Blue or any other colored jeans / denims
- Warm-up suits or sweat pants
- Shorts, skorts, or mini-skirts
- Tank or cropped-style tops and t-shirts
- Sweatshirts or bold printed shirts
- Eccentric hairdos and excessive makeup
- Hats (worn inside the office)
When attending events outside of the office, please ask your supervisor what type of dress is appropriate.
All of our staff / interns may be exposed to confidential information regarding sensitive aspects of our business. The business knowledge and information acquired during your day's work should stay within the confines of the office. It is no one else's business to know detailed information about Company affairs. Dissemination of confidential information can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Inquiries from all outside sources regarding any aspects of our business should be referred to a member of senior management.
Video Production Interns
Duties / Responsibilities:
Video Production Interns will be responsible for producing content for Real Salt Lake's digital platforms, as well as for in-stadium and broadcast use.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in all aspects of production at Real Salt Lake, including pre-production, shooting and editing
- Assist in graphic animation for TV slates, in-stadium video boards and marquees
- Video conversion to conform to platform requirements
- Organize and manage video archive
- Back end management of Real Salt Lake's content delivery channels (i.e. RealSaltLake.com, YouTube, Comcast On Demand)
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends for home games and Reserve League games
- Excellent communication and time management skills as well as attention to detail required
- Thorough understanding of production software including Apple Final Cut Pro X or similar non-linear editing system
- Experience with DSLR cameras and ProHD cameras
- Familiarity with Adobe After Effects is a plus
- Knowledge of Apple Compressor, MPEG Streamclip and HandBrake
- Knowledge of Internet and TV compression standards and practices
- Understanding of basic sound and lighting techniques
- Familiarity with FTP's is preferred
- Background in soccer is a plus
Start Date: Immediately
Please send résumé, along with cover letter, and portfolio/reel to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Premium Services Event Management Internship Position
The purpose of the Premium Services and Event Management department is to assist in delivering the highest level of customer service to our premium fans while providing them with an entertaining and professional game and first class event experience.
Premium Services Event Management Intern roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Stadium Event Manager with coordination of all gameday operations and production
- Manage F&B hospitality areas and overall event set-ups
- Welcome, greet, and assist guests to suites, ledge boxes, club seats, and VIP areas
- Provide exemplary customer service to all guests of Rio Tinto Stadium
- Represent RSL and RTS in a professional and courteous manor
- Creatively fulfill special gameday requests and projects
- Execute promotional and distribution of items to designated areas
- Other gameday / event operations duties as assigned
- Knowledgeable of the sport, team, organization and facility preferred
- Prefer College Level Juniors or Seniors in sports management or hospitality related field of study
- Professional appearance, attitude, and communication skills
- Ability to take direction with little to no supervision
- Must be able to work ALL 2014 home RSL games and special stadium events
- Demonstrate Strong Customer Service Skills
- Committed, hard working individual who is “hands-on” in the work place
- Manual labor will be required from time to time
- Previous experience working events preferred but not required
Start Date: March 1, 2014
Please send resume along with cover letter to email@example.com