Premium Services Event Management Internship Position
The purpose of the Premium Services and Event Management department is to assist in delivering the highest level of customer service to our premium fans while providing them with an entertaining and professional game and first class event experience.
Premium Services Event Management Intern roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Stadium Event Manager with coordination of all gameday operations and production
- Manage F&B hospitality areas and overall event set-ups
- Welcome, greet, and assist guests to suites, ledge boxes, club seats, and VIP areas
- Provide exemplary customer service to all guests of Rio Tinto Stadium
- Represent RSL and RTS in a professional and courteous manor
- Creatively fulfill special gameday requests and projects
- Execute promotional and distribution of items to designated areas
- Other gameday / event operations duties as assigned
- Knowledgeable of the sport, team, organization and facility preferred
- Prefer College Level Juniors or Seniors in sports management or hospitality related field of study
- Professional appearance, attitude, and communication skills
- Ability to take direction with little to no supervision
- Must be able to work ALL 2015 home RSL games, Real Monarchs games and special stadium events
- Demonstrate Strong Customer Service Skills
- Committed, hard working individual who is “hands-on” in the work place
- Manual labor will be required from time to time
- Previous experience working events preferred but not required
Start Date: March 1, 2015
Please send resume along with cover letter to email@example.com
Real Salt Lake offers a unique opportunity for students to work within the Department of Sponsorship. The Real Salt Lake internship program will provide students with an invaluable experience that will benefit the pursuit of a career in almost any field.
The internships are awarded on an annual basis. Real Salt Lake is currently seeking qualified applicants for the 2015 Major League Soccer season. If you are a student or recent graduate with initiative, dedication, a strong work ethic, and sincere interest in Real Salt Lake, then you are encouraged to submit an application.
The RSL Sponsorship Department regards the internship program as a vital component to the success of the overall department. The efforts and contributions of the interns are heavily depended upon. It is essential that each intern recognize the importance of a strong commitment to RSL and the internship program. In return for such dedication, the RSL Sponsorship Department promises you one of the best hands-on internship experiences available.
This internship requires a minimum commitment of working every home game. There is the opportunity for additional work in the office, working on the various programs and special events managed by the Sponsorship department.
Please note that the first RSL home game of the 2015 season will be March 14th.
Previous interns from the RSL Sponsorship Department are now employed at many different major sports organizations and universities including: Real Salt Lake, LA Galaxy, US Soccer, Big Sky Conference, Sporting Kansas City and Western Iowa Athletics.
Corporate Services Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Game day set up and takedown of Carnival Real and our sponsor hospitality tent
- Pre-game staging of partner giveaways and collateral
- Assist with the execution of our halftime production
- Assist with the distribution of sponsor deliverables pre and post game
- Set up and breakdown of our Summer Soccer Series events
- Outside player and Leo the Lion in market appearances
- Office hours will be required of each intern and their schedule will be dependent upon the availability of each individual intern
- Professional appearance, attitude, and communication skills as well as the ability to work with others is a MUST!
- Flexible schedule; ability to work long hours
- Resourceful and proactive attitude
- Ability to take direction
- Customer service oriented
- Must be able to work at ALL home games in the 2015 season
- At times, manual labor will be required