JOB TITLE: Real Salt Lake Grounds Crew Internship
DEPARTMENT: Rio Tinto Stadium
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
WAGE: $7.25 an hour (Utah Minimum Wage)
Start/End Date: May 1st - September 1st
This paid Internship will report to the Director of Fields and Grounds and also the Assistant Director of Fields and Grounds. Under his/her supervision, the Intern will participate in the maintenance of Rio Tinto Stadium Field, American First Practice Facility, Monarch practice facility, common grounds maintenance, and related work as required. He/she typically conducts maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment used in the field of Turfgrass Management.
- Assists in all aspects of athletic field maintenance, facility grounds maintenance, and general building maintenance
- General building maintenance including; light electrical applications, basic plumbing, painting, and drywall repair, stadium seat installation and repair, and basic carpentry
All types of sports field maintenance labor such as:
- Turfgrass Management
- Sod cutting and installation
- Irrigation management
- Mowing, trimming and use of blowers
- Fertilizing with a walk-behind fertilizer
- Field markings and logo painting
The operation and maintenance of power equipment such as:
- Reel and rotary mowers
- Utility vehicles
- Backpack blowers
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or/ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of sports fields; the seeding, sodding and maintenance practices for sports field turfgrass; the planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners, herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation system, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and excellent driving record
- Able to work irregular hours, nights, weekends, and holidays
- 40 hours a week
- Must have, or be pursuing, a degree in Turf Science, Horticulture or related field.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 50 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, etc.
To Apply: Send resumes and cover letter to email@example.com