JOB TITLE: Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Accounting
REPORTS TO: VP of Finance & Controller
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
This at-will position Assist’s Controller and VP of Finance in maintaining accurate books for all entities owned by USSO Holding Company, LLC.
The following list of functions is descriptive of the work to be performed but it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, functions or tasks that the job may require.
Assist Controller in monthly close as follows:
- Prepare journal entries.
- Reconcile merchandise transactions and inventory balance to general ledger.
- Distribute vendor invoices to Directors for approval.
- Input vendor invoices into Accounts Payable system.
- Prepare weekly check run.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Prepare Sponsorship, Suite, and Ledge Box invoices.
- Follow up on Receivables and track versus sales contracts.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Support the annual outside audit by CPA’s and other audits as needed.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or/ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Accounting or Finance preferred).
- One+ year of relevant accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
- Ability to multitask and work quickly and efficiently, with a desire to constantly do things better, faster and cheaper.
- High energy and a desire to learn.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 5 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 10 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, typing, lifting, pushing, etc.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
To apply for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Real Salt Lake's Internship Program
Real Salt Lake Internships fall into three terms that coincide with the college/university calendar:
Real Salt Lake Internship Policies
Interns are expected to report to their direct supervisors according to the agreed upon work schedule. If you are going to be late or absent for any reason, your direct supervisor must be notified as soon as possible. Excessive tardiness or absenteeism could be grounds for dismissal from the program.
Interns are expected to conduct themselves in such a manner as not to be offensive to guests, tenants, customers, or fellow employees. Good guest relations are necessary to any successful business; therefore, actions should be governed by the knowledge that we are always in the public's eye.
Use of Temporary Workspaces
In the absence of a designated cubicle, you may be asked to work at someone else's workstation. Please be courteous and leave the area as you found it.
Internet access is limited to business use only.
Dress Code - Business Attire
Each member of the business office staff may come into contact with the public and therefore, represents the Company not only by their actions but by their appearance as well. The properly attired employee helps to create a favorable image for the Company. Business office staff is expected to dress in a manner that is normally acceptable in professional business establishments. If a member of the business office staff reports to work improperly dressed or groomed, the supervisor, in his or her discretion, may instruct the employee to return home to change clothes or they may take other appropriate corrective action. Any outfit that may be regarded as extreme or questionable should be avoided.
The Company reserves the right in all situations to decide whether any member of the business office staff is in violation of this policy.
The key to dressing in business attire is exercising good judgment and being neat in appearance. In that regard, the following are several suggested guidelines that will be helpful in determining what is considered inappropriate attire when working in the office.
INAPPROPRIATE ATTIRE - MEN AND WOMEN
- Blue or any other colored jeans / denims
- Warm-up suits or sweat pants
- Shorts, skorts, or mini-skirts
- Tank or cropped-style tops and t-shirts
- Sweatshirts or bold printed shirts
- Eccentric hairdos and excessive makeup
- Hats (worn inside the office)
When attending events outside of the office, please ask your supervisor what type of dress is appropriate.
All of our staff / interns may be exposed to confidential information regarding sensitive aspects of our business. The business knowledge and information acquired during your day's work should stay within the confines of the office. It is no one else's business to know detailed information about Company affairs. Dissemination of confidential information can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Inquiries from all outside sources regarding any aspects of our business should be referred to a member of senior management.
Video Production Interns
Duties / Responsibilities:
Video Production Interns will be responsible for producing content for Real Salt Lake's digital platforms, as well as for in-stadium and broadcast use.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in all aspects of production at Real Salt Lake, including pre-production, shooting and editing
- Assist in graphic animation for TV slates, in-stadium video boards and marquees
- Video conversion to conform to platform requirements
- Organize and manage video archive
- Back end management of Real Salt Lake's content delivery channels (i.e. RealSaltLake.com, YouTube, Comcast On Demand)
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends for home games and Reserve League games
- Excellent communication and time management skills as well as attention to detail required
- Thorough understanding of production software including Apple Final Cut Pro X or similar non-linear editing system
- Experience with DSLR cameras and ProHD cameras
- Familiarity with Adobe After Effects is a plus
- Knowledge of Apple Compressor, MPEG Streamclip and HandBrake
- Knowledge of Internet and TV compression standards and practices
- Understanding of basic sound and lighting techniques
- Familiarity with FTP's is preferred
- Background in soccer is a plus
Start Date: Immediately
Please send résumé, along with cover letter, and portfolio/reel to email@example.com.