JOB TITLE: Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Accounting
REPORTS TO: Controller
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
This at-will position Assist’s Controller and CFO in maintaining accurate books for all entities owned by USSO Holding Company, LLC.
The following list of functions is descriptive of the work to be performed but it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, functions or tasks that the job may require.
Assist Controller in monthly close as follows:
- Prepare journal entries.
- Reconcile merchandise transactions and inventory balance to general ledger.
- Prepare payroll for review by Controller and submit twice per month.
- Maintain payroll files and update payroll system for changes.
- Distribute vendor invoices to Directors for approval.
- Input vendor invoices into Accounts Payable system.
- Prepare weekly check run.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Prepare Sponsorship, Suite, and Ledge Box invoices for review by Controller.
- Follow up on Receivables and track versus sales contracts.
- Reconcile cash receipts on a daily basis.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Support the annual outside audit by CPA’s and other audits as needed.
- Supervise interns under guidance from Controller.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or/ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Accounting or Finance preferred).
- Two+ years of relevant accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
- Ability to multitask and work quickly and efficiently, with a desire to constantly do things better, faster and cheaper.
- High energy and a desire to learn.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 5 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 10 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, typing, lifting, pushing, etc
If you are interested please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.