Premium Services Event Management Internship Position
The purpose of the Premium Services and Event Management department is to assist in delivering the highest level of customer service to our premium fans while providing them with an entertaining and professional game and first class event experience.
Premium Services Event Management Intern roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Stadium Event Manager with coordination of all gameday operations and production
- Manage F&B hospitality areas and overall event set-ups
- Welcome, greet, and assist guests to suites, ledge boxes, club seats, and VIP areas
- Provide exemplary customer service to all guests of Rio Tinto Stadium
- Represent RSL and RTS in a professional and courteous manor
- Creatively fulfill special gameday requests and projects
- Execute promotional and distribution of items to designated areas
- Other gameday / event operations duties as assigned
- Knowledgeable of the sport, team, organization and facility preferred
- Prefer College Level Juniors or Seniors in sports management or hospitality related field of study
- Professional appearance, attitude, and communication skills
- Ability to take direction with little to no supervision
- Must be able to work ALL 2015 home RSL games, Real Monarchs games and special stadium events
- Demonstrate Strong Customer Service Skills
- Committed, hard working individual who is “hands-on” in the work place
- Manual labor will be required from time to time
- Previous experience working events preferred but not required
Start Date: March 1, 2015
Please send resume along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB TITLE: Assistant Field Manager
DEPARTMENT: Rio Tinto Stadium
REPORTS TO: Director of Fields & Grounds/Assistant Director of Fields and Grounds
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
This at-will position will report to the Director of Fields and Grounds and also the Assistant Director of Fields and Grounds. Under his/her supervision, the Assistant Field Manager participates in the maintenance of Rio Tinto Stadium Field, American First Practice Facility, common grounds maintenance, and related work as required. He/she typically conducts maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment used in the field of Turfgrass Management.
- Assists in all aspects of athletic field maintenance, facility grounds maintenance, and general building maintenance.
- General building maintenance including; light electrical applications, basic plumbing, painting, and drywall repair, stadium seat installation and repair, and basic carpentry.
All types of sports field maintenance labor such as:
- Turfgrass Management
- Sod cutting and installation
- Irrigation management
- Mowing, trimming and use of blowers
- Fertilizing with a walk-behind fertilizer
- Field markings and logo painting
The operation and maintenance of power equipment such as:
- Reel and rotary mowers
- Utility vehicles
- Backpack blowers
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or/ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of sports fields; the seeding, sodding and maintenance practices for sports field turfgrass; the planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners, herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation system, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
- Able to work irregular hours, nights, weekends, and holidays
- 40 hours a week
- Two or four year degree in turfgrass suggested but not required
- High level of understanding of the sports governing bodies’ requirements for field layouts and markings
- Possession of a valid driver's license and excellent driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 50 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, etc.
Send resumes and cover letter to email@example.com